Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Most Recent

Since May...

1. A Life of Jesus, by Shusaku Endo

2. Reading Lolita in Tehran, by Asar Nafisi
I can't recommend this book enough. I'd originally picked it up while browsing in a bookstore and then found it at the library. It's one of those you keep trying to highlight, finally give up, and just dogear the pages...before going out and buying your own copy. Amazing story about the power of literature and life in an oppressive and illogical regime.

3. The Annunciation of Francesca Dunn, by Janis Hallowell
What if someone you knew thought they were carrying the Messiah...?

4. About a Boy, by Nick Hornby
I laughed and laughed and totally enjoyed myself. So did my sister, who stole the book before I managed to start on it!

5. The Gifts of the Jews, by Thomas Cahill

6. Real Sex, by Lauren Winner
The best book on sex and marriage and chastity that is out there in the modern Christian market. She is solid, free of useless cliches, and refreshingly honest. I've been recommending it to everyone I know. I even bought it at full price because I couldn't wait for Amazon to send it to me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home