1. the new Harry Potter book, which I had to devour in about 5 straight hours, it being Brooke's birthday present and she was taking it off to camp with her. It was worth the marathon!
2. Gutter, by Craig Gross, one of the founders of www.xxxchurch.com. Great site, cool missions minded Christians. I'll be passing this one along to friends.
3. Teaching as a Subversive Activity, by Postman and Weingartner. This book is a shocker. Will for sure be buying a copy for myself!
4. The Subversion of Christianity, Jacques Ellul. Another wow.
5. The Politics of Jesus, by Yoder. Another great one.
6. Cheaper by the Dozen, Frank Gilbreth, Jr, and Ernestine Gilbreth Carey
7. Parnassus on Wheels, by Christopher Morley
8. Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass, by the same
9. Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen
10. Northanger Abbey, by Jane Austen
11 and 12 were Lindsey Davis mysteries
13. The Marriage of Meggotta, by Edith Pargeter/Ellis Peters (?)
14. Upside Down, by Eduardo Galeano. Psycho, but interesting. I'm not sure if it's the translation or just the pace or his intention to make the reader feel like they're on a rollercoaster...
15. Prep, by ? . Scary, sick teen novel about upper-class gangs. I borrowed it from my 16 year old sister. I'm not sure she liked it either.
16. Desert Flower, Waris Dirie.
17. 36 Children, Herbert Kohl
18. Holidays on Ice, David Sedaris